I used to be an outdoor cooking streamer. One day, I was cooking a delicious burger in my backyard and showing my delicate food decorations to the viewers. Suddenly, my stream froze, leaving just an ugly freeze frame of me and question marks from viewers in the chat.
At that moment, I started to get scared.
I am scared that my streamer career is over because of the weak outdoor WiFi signal
. But fortunately, an outdoor WiFi extender
saved my life.
If you love to stream, work, or game outside like me, you know how frustrating weak WiFi signals can be. But don't worry; you will be free from this trouble now. In this article, we've tested and reviewed the top 5 best outdoor WiFi extenders
. With features like long-range and weather resistance, these WiFi extenders
are perfect for anyone who wants to boost their signal outside.
Whether relaxing in your backyard or working from your patio, these WiFi extenders will keep you connected. So grab your popcorn, fire up your laptop, and dive in to find the best outdoor WiFi extender with me!
5 Best Outdoor WiFi Extenders: Tested and Tried
● Strong through-walls signal
● Eliminate WiFi deadzones
● Data transfer up to 1200Mbps
● Compatible with all devices
● Automatic and easy connection
● Frequently sells out
● Signal can't cover a large house of 500 ㎡
Why we like it: Rextender WiFi extender is a powerful device that eliminates WiFi dead zones and provides a strong through-wall signal. This extender boasts data transfer speeds of up to 1200Mbps and is compatible with all devices, offering automatic and easy connection for hassle-free use.
However, the Rextender WiFi extender can sell out frequently due to its popularity. And if you have a big house of 500 square meters, a Rextender WiFi extender may not meet your needs. Despite this, it remains a reliable and effective solution for improving your wireless network, providing a strong and stable connection throughout your home. The Rextender WiFi extender allows you to enjoy seamless online activities without interruptions or dead zones.
● Includes seamless roaming feature
● Allow cloud access control of multiple extenders
● Covers up to 300 meters at 5 GHz
● Incompatibility with older devices like PCs and media players
● Not very good through walls
Why we like it: TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor WiFi Extender offers reliable speeds of up to 1,200 Mbps among multiple devices at the same time. This is made possible by its 802.11 ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology, which helps to offer each device the same speed and bandwidth.
In our experiment, we brought TP-Link EAP225 into a common flat house. When entering different rooms, some areas are difficult to reach due to weak signals passing through walls. In addition, it is not yet compatible with two devices, old desktop computers, and media players.
● IP66 waterproof rating
● Easy-to-connect guest network
● Can connect an infinite number of devices
● Unstable signal in distant places
● The firmware upgrade is buggy
Why we like it: With the Netgear Orbi Outside Satellite WiFi Extender, you can experience seamless and fast internet outside your house. It is simple to set up outside because it includes a case resistant to dust and weather. The accessibility of the internet is increased by up to 2,500 square feet when paired with your router.
You can remain connected all the time inside or outside the house with the help of this outdoor WiFi extender. But the signal is unstable in distant places, and some users reported that firmware upgrades sometimes have bugs.
● Four dual-band antennas for longer distances
● Weatherproof quality
● Easy installation
● Short range
● Sometimes high latency
Why we like it: Wavlink AC1200 High Power Outdoor WiFi Extender can transmit data at up to 867 Mbps at 5.8 GHz and 150 Mbps at 2.4 GHz. Additionally, it makes sure that no cyberattacks can access your connected devices. Your connection will never lose, no matter how far away you are from the WiFi device.
The Wavlink extender is built with independent high-power amplifiers to increase transmission. It means you can get the same speed at every part of your house, including those parts where you just get one bar. But the price is short range, and sometimes high latency.
● CPE antennae for uninterrupted connection
● Has multiple operational modes
● Wireless data transmission over 5 km
● Require an Ethernet port for setup
● Not many devices are compatible
Why we like it: This TP-Link technology long-range outdoor WiFi extender has access points that can be used outside to cover large areas. It is packaged in a weatherproof case and has a 5-kilometer coverage range. It has multiple modes of operation and a CPE antenna that keeps the connection going.
But it's not compatible with many devices and requires Ethernet for setup. And you also have to suffer from the limited number of devices it is compatible with.
So after looking at so many WiFi extenders, why not choose the most cost-effective Rextender?
Do Outdoor WiFi Extenders Work?
The answer is YES!
Outdoor WiFi extenders can be an effective solution for improving your wireless coverage outdoors. They can provide a strong and reliable outdoor WiFi signal for your devices without interruption.
However, the effectiveness of outdoor WiFi extenders can vary depending on factors. This includes the quality of the extender, the distance between the extender and your router, and any obstacles or interference that may be present.
With the right equipment and placement, an outdoor WiFi extender can absolutely improve your WiFi connection. Are you thinking of buying one? Before that, let's look at what you need to consider when choosing an outdoor WiFi extender.
Factors To Remember When Choosing the Best Outdoor WiFi Extender
Finally, and this is the most important part, there are several factors to keep in mind when choosing the best outdoor WiFi extender. These include:
1. Compatibility: Make sure the extender is compatible with your existing router and wireless network standards.
2. Range: Look for an extender with a long-range that can cover the distance between your router and the areas where you need coverage.
3. Signal strength: Choose an extender with the strong signal strength to ensure reliable performance.
4. Weatherproofing: Outdoor WiFi extenders are exposed to the elements, so make sure the device is weatherproof and designed to withstand harsh conditions.
5. Easy installation: Look for an easy-to-install and setup extender with clear instructions and user-friendly software.
6. Security features: Choose an extender with WPA2 encryption to protect your wireless network from cyberattacks.
After considering these factors, you can choose the best outdoor WiFi extender to meet your needs and ensure reliable wireless coverage outdoors. Now, get an outdoor WiFi extender and enjoy your seamless wireless internet connection outside!
In short, the Rextender WiFi extender stands out as a top choice for improving outdoor wireless connectivity. Whether you want to stream movies, play online games, or stay connected with friends and family, the Rextender WiFi extender is an excellent investment. So, if you're tired of weak outdoor signals, consider upgrading your outdoor WiFi setup with the Rextender WiFi extender to improve your internet experience.